“Asustek Computer Inc., one of Taiwan’s major contract manufacturers of notebook personal computers, reportedly is ready to swallow up Apple Computer’s orders for 1.2 million Intel processor-powered iBooks,” The China Economic News Service reports. “Apple is expected to launch the new iBooks, the company’s first with Intel processors, sometime in the second quarter of this year. The iBooks embedded with Intel processors will adopt 13.3-inch LCD (liquid crystal display) panels.”
“At present, all iBooks are manufactured by Asustek on the OEM basis. If the 13.3-inch wide-screen iBooks embedded with Intel processors find a warm reception in the market, Asustek will be able to see substantial growth in total sales. Apple said the 13.3-inch iBooks would supplant existing 12.1- and 14-inch models,” The China Economic News Service reports. “According to a survey conducted by DisplaySearch, the 13.3-inch panels were quoted at US$143 each in the first quarter of this year, higher than the US$128 for 14-inch panels and US$142 for 12.1-inch panels. With the influx of orders from Apple, Asustek will ship six million NBs this year. Quanta Computer estimated it would be able to ship one million units of Apple’s MacBook Pro NBs this year.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple Mac primed for market share gains as consumer portable market grows – April 12, 2006
RUMOR: New Apple MacBook to come in colors – April 12, 2006
iBooks to be rebranded ‘MacBook’ upon release as soon as this month – April 11, 2006
Dude, you got a Dell? What are you, stupid? Only Apple Macs run both Mac OS X and Windows! – April 05, 2006
Report: Apple 13.3-inch widescreen Intel-based ‘iBooks’ due in June – April 04, 2006
Apple trademark filing suggests ‘iBook’ to be rebranded ‘MacBook’ – March 06, 2006
Analyst: Apple to unveil Intel-based iBooks, ‘real’ video iPod at special event in April – February 09, 2006
Report: more Apple MacBook Pro models coming, iBook may be re-branded ‘MacBook’ – January 12, 2006
RUMOR: Apple iBook to become ‘MacBook’ while ‘MacBook Pro’ will offer more screen size choices soon – January 11, 2006