“Apple is working to reduce its inventory levels of old stock, including PowerPC Macs and iPod nanos, an analyst claims,” Jonny Evans reports for Macworld UK. “American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu expects Apple to reveal “conservative” guidance for its third June quarter while it sheds old stock. ‘With the Intel transition and high inventory of older iPod nanos, our sources indicate that Apple is aiming to work down inventories, particularly PowerPC Macs (iBook G4, 12-inch and 17-inch PowerBook G4s, PowerMac G5) and 2 GB/4GB Nanos in front of potential future product announcements,’ he said.”
Wu maintains his ‘buy’ rating on Apple (AAPL) and expects Q3 revenues of $4.4 billion and sales of 8.5 million iPods. “Wu expects Apple revenue to reach $22.1 billion in the company’s 2007 financial year, which begins in September 2006,” Evans reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Report: Apple 13.3-inch widescreen Intel-based ‘iBooks’ due in June – April 04, 2006