Zengobi today announced the availability of a Universal version of Curio, its award-winning brainstorming and document management application for the Mac. In addition to native support for Power PC and Intel-based Macs, Curio 3.1 includes new features like search term highlighting, idea space hoisting, and improved PDF display options.
“Creating a Universal version of Curio was a straightforward process and, amazingly, we had Curio running natively on Intel-based Macs in under two days,” said George Browning, Zengobi’s founder in a statement. “Apple’s Xcode development environment made the process incredibly easy, even when dealing with almost 250,000 lines of code spread across a dozen projects.”
“The power of Xcode has given Apple developers the opportunity to quickly and easily deliver native Universal applications for our blazing fast new hardware,” said Ron Okamoto, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations in the press release. “We’re delighted to have Zengobi join the rapidly growing community of developers with Universal versions of their applications.”
Curio gives the imagination the tools and space to run free. Anything you can do on a whiteboard or in a sketchbook, you can now do in Curio. Place anything anywhere on the page to create freeform collages of text, images, outlines, checklists, documents, sketches, and movies. Define your project goals and constraints using Curio’s customizable dossier. Create conceptual diagrams with built-in flowcharting and mind mapping shapes. Research and compile information using Sleuth, Curio’s Internet search assistant. Sketch out ideas using Curio’s pressure-sensitive drawing tools. Juggle multiple projects with ease using the integrated project center. Keep information at your fingertips using Curio’s advanced search bar utilizing Spotlight technology. Share and archive your projects using Curio’s flexible exporting options, presentation features, and built-in asset manager.
Curio 3.1 is available immediately for download at http://www.zengobi.com/download
Curio 3.1 is a free upgrade for Curio 3.0 customers and upgrade pricing for all other existing customers is available via Zengobi’s Kagi store. Curio is available in Professional, K-12, Home, and Basic editions starting at just US$39. Academic and volume discounts are available and users can also download and use Curio Professional, K-12, Home, and Basic Editions as a full-featured trial for 15 days. Zengobi will also provide a 60-day extended trial to anyone who requests it. Full system requirements and more information on Curio can be found at http://www.zengobi.com/curio
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.