“The delayed launch of Microsoft’s Vista is expected to negatively affect the company and overall winter 2006 PC demand, but it could be positive for Apple Computer, analysts say,” Maya Roney reports for Forbes. “Apple, with its refreshed Intel product line and anticipated launch of a new Mac operating system in the fall, could benefit from the diminished competition, according to a Wednesday research note from Bear Stearns.”
“As to other investment implications, analyst Andrew Neff said the Vista delay could be perceived as a negative for Dell, Gateway and Hewlett-Packard, ‘although the weakness could be offset by strength in first quarter 2007,'” Roney reports. “Piper Jaffray also sees the new January launch date as a ‘fractional near-term positive’ for Apple.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: It’s pretty sick and sad that Microsoft has to totally screw up for some to even think it could result in a positive for Apple Macintosh when, even after Vista is finally released, Mac OS X’s user experience will still be years and years ahead of Windows. Sheesh, Mac OS X 10.1 was/is better than Vista promises to be! It’s so clear that Mac OS X is superior to Windows XP that we sometimes can’t imagine that most average people have absolutely no earthly idea. Sometimes we just want to slap them to wake them up as they wheel total crap Windows PCs out of Best Buy like lemmings. Some of the poor bastards are even beaming about their purchasing mistake as they follow the pimply Best Buy hand-truck guy out to the parking lot. Ignorance is indeed bliss. A Mac would save them soooo much pain and frustration! Oh, well, at this point, with Apple practicing some sort of Mac marketing that takes the term “stealth” to a whole new level, we’re happy to see new Mac users regardless of their reasons for taking the plunge.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Forbes: Microsoft’s Vista slips again – Steve Jobs must be waking up a happy man this morning – March 22, 2006
What’s the difference between Mac OS X and Vista? Microsoft employees are excited about Mac OS X – March 22, 2006
Vista delay causes Windows-dependents slump in pre-market trading; Apple rises – March 22, 2006
Enderle on MS Vista slip: ‘I personally can not recall Apple ever getting an opportunity like this’ – March 21, 2006
Microsoft delays Windows Vista again – this time until January 2007 – March 21, 2006