Shares of Apple Computer rose in early morning trading action Monday after Citigroup analyst Richard Gardner recommended that “investors should build positions in Apple shares ahead of a slew of new products” slated for launch over the next few months. Apple shares rose $1.93, or 3 percent, to $65.12 in premarket electronic trading.
“Gardner said he expects Apple to make a ‘fairly eventful’ announcement around the date of its 30th anniversary on April 1, possibly an Intel-based iBook and an upgraded iPod video with a larger screen or more storage capacity. He also expects Apple to launch a redesigned iPod nano down the road and a phone with MP3 photo and video capabilities next year.
‘Apple remains one of the best ways to play the digitization of music, photos and video,’ Gardner said,” The Associated Press reports. “Gardner raised his investment rating on Apple to ‘Buy’ from ‘Hold,’ and maintained his 12-month price target of $82.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
RUMOR: Apple to hold special media event in late March, early April – March 10, 2006