“A friend just passed me a photocopy of what is supposedly an article from an upcoming issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly about Apple’s soon to be released gaming device called, what else, iGame,” “AH” reports for Station A. “I have the actual magazine the article appears in clutched in my grubby little hands. It indeed caomes in the April 06 issue. It is NOT described as a rumor, and in fact is supposedly set to be introduced at this May’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in LA.”
“AH” provides a link to a scan of the PDF of the actual article and emphasizes “the article itself is NOT A FAKE. If the information EGM is relaying to it’s readers is incorrect is another matter. But this article will be in the April 06 issue of EGM. So save the “it’s Photoshopped”, “FAKED” nonsense. Don’t believe it will happen? Fine. But the article, and that’s all I am reporting on here, will happen.”
Full article, with scans, full transcription, and more info, here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “AH” for the heads up.]
MacDailyNews Take: April issue? As in April Fool’s?
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.