“Piper Jaffray research analyst Gene Munster maintained an ‘outperform’ rating and $103 price target on Apple Computer, but said there may be downside to his fiscal second-quarter Mac sales estimates due to limited MacBook Pro availability,” Maya Roney reports for Forbes. “‘We are recommending purchase of Apple shares, given that controversy surrounding limited availability of the new MacBook Pro appears to be priced in,’ wrote the analyst in a research report Tuesday. ‘Apple will ramp MacBook Pro production in the near term.'”
“‘The good news is that demand for the MacBook Pro is clearly not an issue,’ said the analyst. ‘The bad news is that Apple can’t sell what it doesn’t have.’ Munster consequently believes that his fiscal second-quarter Mac unit estimate of 1.29 million may prove to be ‘overly aggressive.’ The Street’s Mac unit estimate for the quarter is 1.2 million,” Roney reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Related MacDailyNews article:
Weisel: Apple’s Intel transition ‘proving difficult’ – soft demand, lack of supply for MacBook Pro – March 06, 2006