“At a special media event to be held on its campus next week, Apple Computer will unveil a new line of low-cost Intel-based Mac mini desktop computers but will not debut its next-generation iBook consumer notebooks,” AppleInsider reports. “According to reports from a variety of sources, Apple this week released the Intel Mac mini design to its manufacturing partners in the Far East, which are currently ramping production of the compact computers in an effort to build an initial inventory stockpile.”
“Based on this information, it would appear that there will be at least some availability of the systems immediately following their announcement [this] Tuesday,” AppleInsider reports.
Full article here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
RUMOR: Apple to debut iPod ‘Hi-Fi’ Boombox this Tuesday – February 25, 2006
Analysts: Apple Video iPod ‘likely’ on February 28, ‘coud be tablet-sized or HDTV-based’ – February 23, 2006
Apple to launch iTunes Movie Store with full-length feature films on February 28? – February 23, 2006
Analyst: new Intel-based Mac mini, iBook, iPod ‘boombox’ may debut at Apple event next Tuesday – February 22, 2006
Analyst: Apple to unveil Intel-based iBooks, ‘real’ video iPod at special event in April – February 09, 2006
RUMOR: Apple iBook to become ‘MacBook’ while ‘MacBook Pro’ will offer more screen size choices soon – January 11, 2006