“An iPod has been blamed for the death of an Australian woman in London,” The Age reports. “The Evening Standard newspaper quoted Ms McMillan’s best friend, Jacques Poullard, as saying she may still have been alive if she hadn’t been listening to the iPod while riding her bike. She was obsessed by that thing.'”
The Age reports, “I never said anything to her about wearing the iPod but now I think if she hadn’t had it on she might have heard the (truck). ‘I hope people will think twice about cycling while wearing headphones.'”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Personal responsibility. Common sense. Remember those concepts? They still work today. Who decided to listen to something (possibly too loudly) while biking on the road? Obviously not the iPod. Still, this tragedy presents an opportunity for a reminder: Make sure you can hear what’s going on around you if you’re listening to your iPod while doing something that might require hearing to help prevent injury.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.