“Tesco, the U.K.’s largest grocer, has opened its first store-within-a-store dedicated to selling Apple Computer products. The display area in a cavernous store in Milton Keynes, north of London, features iMacs, PowerBooks, iPods, and accessories,” Saheli Datta reports for Business 2.0. “For Apple, this is the latest expansion of its retail presence overseas, and for Tesco, it’s part of a continuing push to expand its sales into nonfood items.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: For more background information about Apple’s growing relationship with Tesco, which operates over 2,000 stores worldwide, please see our related articles below.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Tesco’s Apple iPod UK sales trial goes ‘very well,’ chain considers larger rollout including Macs – January 25, 2006
Tesco to start selling Apple iPods across the UK – May 20, 2005