iPod nano? Video? Apple Computer’s just-released iPods and accessories are sure to be 2005’s most popular gifts. Today, leading iPod resource iLounge.com has published its annual Holiday Buyers’ Guide to help people pick the right iPods and add-ons from an expanding field of chaff.
“By replacing its biggest iPods over the last two months,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge in a statement. “Apple antiquated every iPod book and magazine out there. Our new Holiday Buyers’ Guide is the only publication on the planet with ratings of 650 accessories and iPods – including all of the new iPods, just-released accessories, and add-ons for every past iPod since 2001.”
Capped by its main feature, “The Ten Must-Have Accessories For Your iPod,” the new Guide includes over 100 pages of iPod information, such as:
• The world’s first reviews of AKG Acoustics’ stunning new K701 reference headphones, Harman Kardon’s Drive + Play premium car kit, and more
• Exclusive sneak peeks at new add-ons from leading companies Belkin, Griffin Technologies, and Vaja
• Best Of 2005 Awards, including Altec Lansing’s inMotion iM7 (Speaker of the Year), ProClip’s Padded Adjustable Mount (Car Accessory of the Year), Kensington’s Stereo Dock (Dock of the Year), and cases from Incase, iSkin, Speck, and Vaja
• An up-to-date, visual look at the History of the iPod and iTunes
•The world’s most comprehensive directory of iPod and iTunes product and service providers
• Stunning original photographs and art submitted for two contests, with winners taking home iPod and accessory prizes totaling over $1800
“Everything in the Holiday Buyers’ Guide is new,” said Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge. “From beautiful black-and-white contest photos to our exclusive Sneak Peeks at upcoming iPod products, you’re guaranteed to be surprised and impressed by what you find inside.”
Recently named a “Forbes Favorite” on Forbes’ 2005 Best of the Web rankings, iLounge has been described as “the ultimate in product reviews and tutorials on all things iPod,” with similar rankings in 2004 as one of Time Magazine’s 50 top web sites, and October 2005 by cNet’s News.com. In the last year, iLounge’s previous iPod Guides have been downloaded over 1,000,000 times directly from iLounge.com and its predecessor site iPodlounge.com.
As with other iLounge digital publications, the Holiday Buyers’ Guide is available for free and hassle-free download from the iLounge.com web site, using Adobe’s popular PDF format for easy on-screen or printed reading. To promote responsible use of file-sharing networks, peer-to-peer and distributed sharing of the Guide on a non-profit basis is welcomed, and readers are encouraged to e-mail or transfer copies to their friends and family members.
The Holiday Buyers’ Guide 2005 is available now from http://www.ilounge.com/buyersguide/
iLounge’s extensive iPod + iTunes tutorial edition The Free iPod Book 1.0 remains available from http://www.ilounge.com/book/
Earlier issues of the iLounge Buyers’ Guide can be downloaded from http://www.ilounge.com/