Belkin Corporation has announced TuneCommand for iPod, a device that allows you to roam and play the songs from your iPod virtually anywhere. Using wireless radio frequency technology, the TuneCommand Remote works from up to 150 feet away, regardless of barriers such as walls, ceilings, or windows that limit traditional remotes. It allows for control of your iPod to remain with you, even if your iPod is stashed in your glove compartment, backpack, or your home entertainment center. TuneCommand fits the 3G, 4G, photo, and mini iPod. It will begin shipping in North America, August 2005.
TuneCommand includes a multi-clip, surface-mount hook and lanyard, providing a variety of options for securing your Remote on the road, in the car, or at home. It features eight basic functions: play/pause, next track, previous track, volume up and down, shuffle songs, and repeat. When used with the iPod photo, TuneCommand lets you scroll through your slide shows or presentations–wirelessly.
• Multiple Mounting Options: lets you carry the Remote on your belt, in your car, or around your neck
• Low Power Receiver (less than 40mA): requires no batteries and automatically powers on or off with the iPod
• Receiver Receptacle: stores the Receiver when not in use
• Soft-Touch Control Pad: keeps the iPod controls at your fingertips
• 3.5mm Audio Output: connects your iPod to your stereo system, portable speakers, or headphones
[UPDATE: 1:53pm EDT: Product is not currently on Belkin’s site. There are some images in the press release here.]