Apple has posted information and a purchase link for the ‘Developer Transition Kit’ which brings together all the components needed to create Universal Binaries that run on Macintosh computers using Intel microprocessors. The Kit contains the information, sample code, software, and hardware that developers need to develop a Universal Binary.
• Universal Binary Programming Guidelines: The Programming Guidelines cover all the Universal Binary, Xcode and Intel topics you’ll need to know. It guides you through the straightforward steps needed to create a Universal Binary and optimize it.
• Universal Binary Sample Code: This folder of Universal Binary sample code contains a representative sampling of all Mac OS X programming topics and demonstrates the simple steps needed to ensure Universal Binary compatibility. Browse through the samples to see the Universal Binary Guidelines ideas brought to life.
• Developer Technical Support: You’ll have access to Apple’s Developer Support Engineers to support your development with the Developer Transition Kit.
• Use of a Developer Transition System: This development system allows you to create Universal Binaries and validate and verify that your application runs on Macintosh computers using Intel microprocessors. This Developer Transition System includes:
– Mac OS X: The development system has the preview release of Mac OS X Tiger on Intel pre-installed, allowing you to run, verify, and debug your Universal Binary application.
– Xcode 2.1: The development system comes pre-loaded with Xcode 2.1. Xcode 2.1 is the development environment for creating Universal Binaries. Updates and additional downloads of Xcode 2.1 will be made available as needed for Transition Kit developers.
The combination of the Developer Transition System, the Universal Binary Programming Guidelines, the Sample Code, and Developer Technical Support gives you everything you need to move your application to the Universal Binary Format.
The Developer Transition Kit is available for US$999 today. You must be an ADC Select or Premier Member to purchase the Developer Transition Kit.
More info here.