Apple has released Xserve RAID Admin Tools 1.3.1 (5MB) which is the Xserve RAID’s powerful remote management software that dramatically simplifies setup and monitoring of storage volumes.
The Java-based application provides an intuitive interface for creating protected storage volumes, logging events, managing preferences, and monitoring storage hardware from virtually any networked computer over TCP/IP. Monitoring panes display detailed information on arrays, drives, LUN mappings, Fibre Channel, network, thermal, power, and events. You can add new systems to the Admin via IP or Apple’s innovative Rendezvous technology.
Xserve RAID Admin Tools 1.3.1 fixes a number of issues improving overall reliability. The versions of RAID Admin and firmware in this release should replace all earlier versions. Key enhancements are:
– Fixes an instance during rebuild where metadata was not updated correctly
– Assigns LUN ID’s consecutively for RAID sets and slices
– The use of “All On” button in LUN Masking panel now works correctly
– Fixes situation where slice information was not saved to metadata
– Adds “Repair LUN Map” function to assign LUN ID’s to slices after replacing a controller module
Xserve RAID Admin 1.3.1 and Fibre Channel Utility 1.0 work on all Macintosh computers running Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or later.
More information and download link here.