Apple has updated its AirPort Extreme Firmware Update to version 5.1.3. It is an upgrade for the AirPort Extreme Base Station. This firmware revision is not for use with the original (Graphite) or the dual-Ethernet (Snow) base stations.
What’s new in this version:
– Enhanced security for handling unsolicited Internet traffic, including different types of denial-of-service attacks, that may be directed at an AirPort Extreme Base Station. The new protection mechanisms in this firmware will help prevent loss of Internet connectivity.
– Additional improvements in USB printing performance.
– Base station Interference Robustness, which provides improved performance when 2.4GHz devices like cordless phones and wireless video distribution system cause significant interference with the AirPort network.
– Simpler Wireless Distribution System (WDS) setup experience in AirPort Admin Utility
– Administrators have the ability to set the DHCP range on their base station when NAT is on
– Performance improvements between wired and wireless clients.
More information and download link here.