“A law enforcement source tells CBS News that so far nothing of real significance has been found on the San Bernardino terrorist’s iPhone, which was unlocked by the FBI last month without the help of Apple,” CBS News reports.

“Investigators spent months trying to gain access to data on the locked iPhone used by San Bernardino gunman Syed Rizwan Farook,” CBS News reports. “Apple was fighting a court order to assist the FBI in bypassing the phone’s security measures. On March 28, the FBI announced that it had managed to unlock the phone and was dropping the court fight with Apple.”

CBS News reports, “FBI Director James Comey said last week that the bureau has not decided whether to share details with Apple about how it hacked into Farook’s iPhone 5c. ‘If we tell Apple, they’re going to fix it and we’re back where we started,” Comey said. “As silly as it may sound, we may end up there. We just haven’t decided yet.'”

Read more in the full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: Idiots.

Why would the terrorists go to the trouble of smashing their personal phones to bits, but leave their government-issued iPhone just fine and dandy? Because they wanted a tech company to have to fight for privacy rights against U.S. government halfwits like James Comey? Or because there was nothing of importance on it?

As we wrote last month:

U.S. Citizens: Never forget that you funded the FBI’s purchase of this iPhone backdoor and the iPhone’s contents. DEMAND TO SEE WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

Hey, FBI: We want to see those pix of cafeteria trays that we paid for!