Nov 27, 2015 - 02:15 PM EST — AAPL: 117.81 (-0.22, -0.19%) | NASDAQ: 5127.52 (+11.38, +0.22%)
Apple’s Passbook puts your boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards, and more are now all in one place. You can add passes to Passbook through apps, emails, and websites from participating airlines, theaters, stores, and more. Then you can scan your iPhone or iPod touch to check in for a flight, get into a movie, and redeem a coupon. You can also see when your coupons expire, where your concert seats are, and the balance left on that all-important coffee bar card. Wake your iPhone or iPod touch, and passes appear on your Lock screen at the appropriate time and place — like when you reach the airport or walk into the store to redeem your gift card or coupon. And if your gate changes after you’ve checked in for your flight, Passbook will even alert you to make sure you’re not relaxing in the wrong terminal.
How to add your Starbucks card to Apple’s iOS 6 Passbook app:
• Update to Starbucks 2.4 via Apple’s App Store
• Sign in with your Starbucks account
• In Starbucks app, at the bottom of the screen, tap My Card > Manage > Add Card to Passbook
• Select Stores > Set a Favorite Store
• Enter a Starbucks (in the U.S.-only for now) and simply check out your iPhone’s lock screen
It’s that easy!