Apple Music Classical, the app designed specifically for classical music, will launch on March 28th to Apple Music subscribers at no additional cost.
With the Apple Music Classical app, users can instantly find any recording in the world’s largest classical music catalog with search built for the genre. Enjoy the highest audio quality available (up to 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Lossless) and hear classical favorites like never before in spatial audio, all with zero ads.
Apple Music Classical also makes it easy for beginners to get acquainted with the genre thanks to hundreds of Essentials playlists, insightful composer biographies, deep-dive guides for many key works, and intuitive browsing features.
The Ultimate Classical Experience
• Get unlimited access to the world’s largest classical music catalog (over 5 million tracks) with everything from new releases to celebrated masterpieces, plus thousands of exclusive albums.
• Search by composer, work, conductor, or even catalog number, and find specific recordings instantly.
• Listen in the highest audio quality (up to 192 kHz/24 bit Hi-Res Lossless) and enjoy thousands of recordings in immersive spatial audio with Dolby Atmos.
• Benefit from complete and accurate metadata to make sure you know exactly what and who you are playing.
• Learn while you listen, with thousands of composer biographies, descriptions of key works, and more.
• Listen using AirPlay on compatible wireless devices.
• Requires an Apple Music subscription (Individual, Student, Family, or Apple One). Not available with the Apple Music Voice Plan.
• Available worldwide where Apple Music is offered, excluding China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Available features and content may vary by country or region.
• Apple Music Classical is available for all iPhone models running iOS 15.4 or later.
• To listen to music on Apple Music Classical, you must have an internet connection.
MacDailyNews Note: Apple Music subscribers can pre-order the app starting today in the App Store. Then, the Apple Music Classical will automatically download on launch day if you’ve selected “App Updates” in iOS Settings > App Store.
Please help support MacDailyNews. Click or tap here to support our independent tech blog. Thank you!
Shop The Apple Store at Amazon.
I’m so excited…makes me want to Haydn Handel Debussy….
OK, Where the he** is the Mac version???
Take a look at my comments a few days ago regarding the “teaser” MWN piece claiming an imminent release of Apple Music Classical. My expectations are lower now than they were then – just adding a new chunk of spaghetti code to add to the existing tangled mess that it has to interact with. C’mon Apple, you can do better than this. It makes you look like a bunch of inept fools.
Apple Lisa & Mac customer since 1984, lotsa iOS stuff since then, too.
Total bust from what I hear. Someone lost interest and the project went half a$$ed.
Be nice to hear where it went wrong. From the purchase? or to the app work? Budgets? Who said just push out something we’ll worry about it later? Hard to say. It’s about a year late.
Maybe they just realized that streaming classical music doesn’t have enough following of a following.
I assume it’ll be integrated into the music app after a while and forgotten.