“New industries, new staff, new roles and a huge investment in clean energy for its European cloud services – put it all together and it seems clear thatApple is expanding,” Jonny Evans writes for Computerworld.
“Apple’s balance sheet is healthier than ever. Combine iPad and Mac sales and Apple is the biggest PC maker in the industry. Soon its smartphones will deliver desktop class experiences,” Evans writes. “None of these manifestations are miraculous. Each of these steps is planned as the company works to ensure its solutions are at the cutting edge of digital transformation.”
12 warning signs that Apple is expanding:
• Apple Watch
• Apple Pay
• The Beats acquisition
• The Apple/IBM alliance in the enterprise
• The Apple digital health story
• iBeacons and the retail revolution
• Massive investments in clean energy
• Renewed public commitments to human and environmental rights
• Recruitment of experts in battery technologies from Samsung, Tesla…
• Recruitment of experts in in-car telematics
• International recruitment of journalists to help add a human touch to iTunes
• The decision to make both OS X and iOS free, to align the two operating systems in a logical fashion and to offer public betas of each iteration
Much more in the full article here.