“Apple is introducing a lot of new concepts when it comes to interacting with the Apple Watch (and how the Apple Watch interacts with the owner),” Adrian Kingsley-Hughes reports for ZDNet.
• Digital Crown: A twist on the traditional crown on a watch. Allows for scrolling through longer pages of information.
• Digital Touch: The Heartbeat and Sketch features that allow for personal communication.
• Taptic Engine: Subtle, physical feedback associated with alerts and onscreen interaction.
• Force Touch: Physical gesture – in other words, a press – interpreted by hardware. The display not only detects a touch, but can also sense the force.
• Short Look notification: A minimal alert that only displays more information “if the wearer remains engaged.”
• Glances: Information displayed by apps in an easy-to-access, swipe-able interface.
Read more in the full article here.