“A middle school student’s iPhone blew up when she sat down with the device in her back pocket,” Joel Landau reports for The New York Daily News. “”
“A class at the Middle School in Kennebunk, Me., had to be cleared out Friday morning when a female eighth grade student said her pants were burning her after she sat down and heard a pop, principal Jeffrey Rodman told the Daily News Saturday” Landau reports. “Though the student was understandably panicked the rest of the class came quickly to her aid. A female teacher came into the room, as the boys in the class waited outside, Rodman said. The student quickly raced to the corner and took off her pants, he said. The phone fell out of the pocket and she rolled on the ground thinking she may be on fire, he said.”
Landau reports, “The student was treated for minor burns and is expected to return to school Monday.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Do not place stress on your iPhone in any fashion that would cause it to bend or break. iPhone is a battery-powered electrical device. Bending or breaking your iPhone is not among intended use cases and doing so may cause loss of device functionality and/or personal injury.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Lynn Weiler” and “silverhawk1” for the heads up.]