Apple today released OS X Mountain Lion Update 10.8.1 which includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
• Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
• Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
• Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
• Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
• Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
• Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
• Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
• Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
OS X Mountain Lion Update 10.8.1 is available via Updates in the Mac App Store.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5418.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
MacDailyNews Take: Snappy!
[Thanks to MacDailyNews readers too numerous to mention individually for the heads up.]