“A new study from video monetizer FreeWheel has suggested that Apple devices may dominate mobile video viewing by a wide margin,” Electronista reports.
“Tracking across its five billion-plus video ads, it found that almost 80 percent of mobile video watching took place on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, leaving Android 20 percent,” Electronista reports. “The iPhone and iPod were joint leaders at 30 percent where the year-old iPad still matched the entire Android platform.”
Electronista reports, “Every other platform accounted for less than one percent.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: In other words, Adobe Flash video is dead. Sleep tight, Shantanu.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Dan K.” and “GetMeOnTop” for the heads up.]
Apple CEO Steve Jobs was right about Adobe’s Flash – May 2, 2011
Adobe capitulates on Flash, adopts Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming for iOS – April 16, 2011
Firefox VP: Adobe Flash is doomed – March 11, 2011
Steve Jobs posts rare open letter: Thoughts on Flash – April 29, 2010