With full support for high-definition, 1080p output – a first for any iOS game – in the next major update, Real Racing 2 HD (US$9.99) is an excellent title in which to see the full potential of Apple’s latest hardware.
Relish crisp, gorgeous graphics at full screen 1080p, running at rock-solid frame rates, with an unbeatable hands-on, precision control method that’ll have your console green with envy. Real time telemetry puts your iPad 2’s display to work while your big screen takes care of the track-side action.
Relish exceptional, luscious graphics that push the iPad to its limits, and take full advantage of the iPad 2’s enhanced hardware.
• 30 licensed cars from real-world manufacturers. 15 stunning locations. Regular updates supply a stream of new events, improvements and features.
• Over 10 hours of Cup, Head to Head, Championship, Time Trial and Elimination races await your expert skills.
• Take the wheel as your iPad becomes the ultimate racing implement. Come to grips with unerring handling on iPad 2, thanks to full gyroscope support.
• Compete over local Wi-Fi or online with players of Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing 2, and experience pioneering 16-player online multiplayer.
• Track your progress against the world’s top racers using Game Center and Firemint’s Cloudcell technology. Record and upload videos of your best to YouTube for max kudos.
• Upload and download your save games between Real Racing 2 HD and Real Racing so your progress is always synced.
IGN has heralded Real Racing 2 HD as “the best racing game for the iPad”, and Real Racing 2 on iPhone has received numerous accolades, including two Game of the Year awards from Pocket Gamer and perfect scores from Slide To Play, Macworld, Touch Arcade and CNET.
More info and download link for Real Racing 2 HD via Apple’s iTunes App Store here.
MacDailyNews Take: Yet another example of why it’s not smart to waste money on a pretend iPad.
iPad 2 to HDTV: Rid iPad 2 of ungainly Apple Digital AV Adapter – March 26, 2011