“A report has surfaced claiming Apple has ordered 10-inch displays that will likely be used in the company’s rumored tablet PC. Assuming Apple does finally release the Apple Tablet, it will need some features to help it achieve the kind of success the company has enjoyed with its iPhone,” Don Reisinger writes for eWeek. “So let’s take a look at some of the features the Apple Tablet should have when it makes its rumored debut on store shelves sometime in 2010.”
10 Features an Apple tablet must have to succeed:
1. A useful keyboard
MacDailyNews Take: Who gets to define “useful?” People who’ve actually used it for a meaningful period of time? Or, as with iPhone, luddites who are used to antiquated mechanical plastic-buttoned keyboards who’ve never used Apple’s keyboard and only seen one via online photos and YouTube videos?
2. App Store integration
3. A responsive display
4. True Apple design (Customers expect a certain design aesthetic from Apple. The company needs to deliver.)
6. Appeal to enterprise users (The Apple Tablet doesn’t necessarily need to be an enterprise device, but it should appeal to the enterprise.)
7. Apple’s support (If Apple wants the Apple Tablet to be a big success, it had better not treat it [the] way [they treat Apple TV].)
8. iPhone’s intuitive multitouch gestures
9. A 3G option
10. A vision (How does Apple want to market the device? How does it want consumers to view it in the marketplace?)
Full article here.