TomTom has unveiled the TomTom car kit for Apple’s iPod touch which retails for US$99.95.
TomTom car kit for iPod touch features:
• Secure Docking: Specially designed award-winning EasyPort™ mount fixes your iPod touch
• Built-in GPS receiver: Built-in GPS receiver turns your iPod touch into a mobile navigation device
• Clear voice instructions: Built-in speaker lets you hear every voice instruction loud and clear
• Line out for music playback: Using the line out connector you can play all your favorite songs
• Rotates for optimal positioning: Rotate the screen for widescreen route display. And it folds flat, so moving it from car to car is easy
• Charges iPod touch while driving: Dock your iPod and have it charge as you drive
Dimensions: 5 1/8″ x 2 3/4″ x 2″
Weight: 4.1 oz
– iPod touch 1st generation, 8GB 16GB 32GB
– iPod touch 2nd generation, 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Requires OS 3.0 or later
GPS receiver: SiRF star 3
Speaker: 300 to 15 kHz/ 2.0 Watt
Microphone: -44 +- 3 dBv
Operating temperature: -10 to 55 degrees C / 14 to 131 degrees F
Dock connector: 30 pin Apple connector
Audio out: 3.5mm audio out
Windscreen and Dashboard mounting
iPod touch charging via car charger
More info here.
More info and links for the various TomTom apps via Apple’s iTunes App Store here.
[Attribution: Electricpig. Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Fred Mertz” for the heads up.]