Other World Computing (OWC) announced today OWC DDR3 1066MHz Memory Upgrades up to 8GB for the new MacBook Pro 13″, 15″, and 17″ models announced Monday, June 8th at Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC). OWC Memory Upgrades offer new MacBook Pro model owners savings of up to 42% and upgrade options not available from factory, plus OWC’s Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty and Money Back Guarantee.
Pricing for OWC Memory Upgrades for Apple MacBook Pro laptop models:
• OWC 2GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory Module – US$37.99: Add to the existing 1GB factory chip in MacBook Pro 2.26GHz model for 3GB of total memory. This upgrade is only available from OWC, not available as a factory option.
• OWC 4GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory Kit (2 X 2GB matched memory modules) – $67.99
• OWC 4GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory Module – $329.99: Replace an existing 2GB Factory Module to have 6GB of total memory. This upgrade is only available from OWC, not available as a factory option.
• OWC 6GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory Kit (2GB + 4GB Spec Matched Kit) – $364.99: This upgrade kit is only available from OWC, not available as a factory option.
• OWC 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory Kit (2 X 4GB matched memory modules) – $637.99
Unlike factory memory upgrade options, when you add memory from OWC, you retain the factory installed base memory modules. You can choose to simply keep these modules (possibly for use in another Mac), or opt to send them in to OWC for additional cost benefit with trade-in rebates available of up to $38 for a 2 x 2GB set.
Higher Speed 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Upgrades for New MacBook Pro Models
More information and to order OWC Memory for Apple’s new MacBook Pro models, as well as existing MacBook and MacBook Pro models here.
MacDailyNews Note: OWC is a longtime sponsor of MacDailyNews, but we receive no compensation for this (or any other) article. We post it as a public service because friends don’t let friends buy RAM from Apple.