Apple has posted iTunes 8 downloads for Macintosh and Windows.
iTunes is the best way to enjoy your music and video with your Mac, iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
iTunes 8 includes Genius, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together. Genius also includes Genius sidebar, which recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don’t already have.
With iTunes 8, browse your artists and albums visually with the new Grid view; download your favorite TV shows in HD quality from the iTunes Store; sync your media with iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation); and enjoy a cool new music visualizer.
iTunes 8 and iTunes U are now accessible with VoiceOver on your Mac.
iTunes 8 requirements:
• Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, G4, or G3 processor
• Playing videos from the iTunes Store requires a Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or 1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor
• Playing HD-quality videos from the iTunes Store requires a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor
• 512MB of RAM; 1GB is required to play HD-quality videos
• Playing videos also requires at least 16MB of video RAM
• A broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
• An Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work.
• An Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work.
• Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later
• QuickTime 7.5.5 or later is required
• 200MB of available disk space
iPod and iPhone:
• Syncing purchased videos requires iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod classic, or iPod (5th generation) with software version 1.2 or later.
• Transferring rented movies requires iPod nano (3rd generation) and iPod classic with software version 1.1 or later or iPod touch and iPhone with software version 1.1.3 or later.
• Syncing ringtones requires iPhone software version 1.1 or later.
• Purchasing or syncing applications require an iPhone or iPod touch with the iPhone 2.0 software update or later.
• Purchasing from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store requires iPhone or iPod touch software version 1.1.1 or later.
• Syncing iPod Games requires iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod classic, or iPod (5th generation) with software version 1.2 or later. Some iPod Games may not be compatible with iPod nano (3rd generation) and iPod classic.
Nike + iPod:
• Nike + iPod requires a Nike + iPod Sport Kit or Sensor, a compatible iPod, and Nike+ ready shoes.
• Nike + iPod is compatible with iPod nano and iPod touch (2nd generation). iPod nano (1st generation) must have software version 1.2 or later.
• To see your workout data on nikeplus.com, an Internet connection and a free Nike.com account are required.
• Renting or purchasing using Apple TV requires Apple TV software version 2.0 or later.
• HD movies from the iTunes Store are designed exclusively for Apple TV and may not be transferred to iTunes.
AirPort Express with AirTunes:
• Playing your music with one or more AirPort Express base stations requires AirPort Express software version 6.3 or later.
• AirPort Express with AirTunes requires an AirPort or AirPort Extreme card and a compatible stereo system or powered speakers.
iTunes 8 is not yet available via Software Update, but it is available via standalone installers.
More info and download links: