Chris Prillio, Lockergnome founder, has come up with 20 reasons why he’s keeping his Apple iPhone; this after his earlier “20 Reasons” why he didn’t get an iPhone on the very first day piece.
“Argh! I hate eating crow. I really, really, really do,” Pirillo writes. But, “it’s much easier to come up with reasons I’m keeping the iPhone than it was thinking of reasons why I didn’t want it on the first day.”
Pirillos reasons include:
• Apple raised the bar a zillion miles past any other kind of mobile device experience. Windows Mobile 6 hasn’t even shipped yet and it’s UI already seems overtly antiquated.
• Voicemail is… finally the way it should have been all along.
• Zooming in and out of anything shouldn’t be this much fun. It’s a crime. Flipping for the sake of flipping is also flipping nutty. Why, WHY does this have to be so… addictive?
• iPhone really is a joy to touch (you have to try it in person – the commercials don’t do it justice).
• I kid you not: Word document (email attachments) look better on this Apple device than they ever have on any Microsoft device. Ever. EVER.
• I don’t want to admit it, but I’d just as soon have this thing with EVDO than a tricked-out something-else with 3G. Sad, but I find that true (for myself).
Pirillo writes, “Apple has nowhere to go with this thing but up. Rand Fishkin compared the iPhone to Barack Obama last night, but… I’m still not quite sure I followed the reference completely (it was late, and I already had one beer in me). Regardless, it really has me wondering what the hell the rest of the industry has been smoking – and what they’re going to do to even come close to the experience that Apple now provides.”
Pirillo writes, “Don’t buy it for the hype – TRY it for the hype, but buy it because you’re tired of the shit everybody else keeps shoving into your pocket.”
Many more reasons why Pirillo’s happy with Apple iPhone in the full article here.