“In rap years, Chris Lighty, 37, is something of an old-timer,” Lea Goldman reports for Forbes. “Lighty, founder of New York’s Violator Management & Records, is one of the industry’s most influential talent managers, guiding the careers of hip-hop headliners like Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliott and, of course, Fifty Cent.”
Goldman reports, “He’s currently negotiating with Apple Computer Chief Steve Jobs over a Fifty-branded line of low-cost computers. ‘He is setting a new standard in the music business,’ says Lighty. ‘Let’s just say we get each other.'”
Full article (free registration required) here.
MacDailyNews Take: Would the Apple Mac mini 50 Cent Special Edition massacre the competition?
[UPDATE: 6/20, 10:01 am EDT: Fixed iTunes link on the word “massacre” in the MDN Take.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.