“I was talking with [John] Dvorak at the Vloggercon party this evening, and he started telling a story about how he deliberately pisses Mac users off to get flow for his stories, and I said, hold a minute, I want to record this, and shit if he didn’t stop and repeat it for me and my video camera,” Dave Winer reports for Scripting News.
Winer has posted a massive 20.8MB QuickTime movie of the tech blowhard’s admission here.
In case the link doesn’t work or is too slow, the video is also on YouTube:
Direct link to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWDYaWAVQQ
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “S. Woods” for the heads up.]
MacDailyNews Take: Not that we needed it (John dumped his last ounce of credibility down the drain years ago), but now we have definitive proof that Dvorak is the world’s largest Hawaiian shirt-wearing weasel. This is Dvorak’s “Paris Hilton moment.” Mercifully, he remains fully clothed throughout. This is a video which we can and will use as reference for Dvorak’s shams ad infinitum. Good move, John. You’re such a genius! Planning to retire soon?
[UPDATE: 12:20pm EDT: Fixed punctuation error. Thanks, dennis.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Dvorak thinks iPod+Nike Sport Kit is ‘nutty’ – May 24, 2006
Dvorak: Apple needs to make Mac OS X open-source– April 17, 2006
Dvorak: ‘Apple Computer should change its name for good’ to avoid future Apple Corps litigation – March 29, 2006
Dvorak: Will Apple ditch Mac OS X for Microsoft’s Windows? – February 16, 2006
John C. Dvorak expounds on pro-Mac, anti-Microsoft media bias – October 18, 2005
Dvorak: ‘Apple should be stronger, but Mac mystique will wane’ in wake of Intel switch – June 07, 2005
Dvorak calls Mac market share ‘stagnant’ when numbers really show Mac market share growth – December 29, 2004
Dvorak: Apple’s iPod may get a run from MSI’s X2 MEGA View portable multimedia player – December 08, 2004
John C. Dvorak: Apple iMac G5 is ‘reminiscent of a 1954 DeSoto’ – September 01, 2004