Bon Echo Alpha 3 is the third developer milestone focused on testing the core functionality provided by many new features and changes to the platform scheduled for Firefox 2. Mozilla does not recommend that anyone other than developers and testers download the Bon Echo Alpha 3 milestone release. It is intended for testing purposes only.
New features and changes in this milestone that require feedback include:
• Built in Anti-Phishing protection.
• Search suggestions now appear with search history in the search box for Google and Yahoo!
• Support for client-side session and persistent storage.
And please continue to test out these other features which are new from previous Bon Echo releases:
• Changes to tabbed browsing behavior
• Search plugin manager for removing and re-ordering search engines
• Better support for previewing and subscribing to web feeds
• New microsummaries feature for bookmarks
• Inline spell checking in text boxes
• Automatic restoration of your browsing session if there is a crash
• New combined and improved Add-Ons manager for extensions and themes
• Extended search plugin format
• Updates to the extension system to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions
• Support for SVG text using svg:textPath
The Bon Echo start page has also been changed to make it easier for testers to provide feedback and report bugs.
Builds available for testing include Mac OS X Universal Binary (17 MB), Linux (8.8 MB), and Windows (5.3 MB).
According to Mozilla’s Firefox 2 Schedule, Firefox 2 Beta 1 is due June 2006 and Firefox 2 final release in August 2006.
More info and download links here.