Engadget has posted a graphic this morning of “Mac OS” appearing as a choice in the drop-down box on Dell’s driver downloads site.
“Well, isn’t that unusual? Dell offering OS X driver downloads on their site? Hmm. We know you want it, Mike, but somehow we don’t think your company has Jobs in your pocket quite yet. Give it some time though, we’re sure he’s bound to come around now that he’s in the PC business, himself,” Ryan Block writes for Engadget.
According to Block, the drivers listed on Dell’s site don’t actually appear to be files for use in “Mac OS.” I just appears to be a strange error on Dell’s part.
Full article with graphic here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Islandgirl” for the heads up.]
[UPDATE: 9:24am EDT: “Dell currently offers OS X drivers for their printers, and in all likelyhood they have simply made a mistake while making site adjustments,” sHARD reports for OSx85 Project.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Apple passes Dell in market value – May 02, 2006
Chicago Tribune writer: Will Apple’s Jobs offer Mac OS X to Michael Dell? – April 17, 2006
Should Apple just go all the way and license Mac OS X to Dell, HP, Lenovo, others? – April 07, 2006
The Motley Fool: Apple ‘may be the next Dell’ – April 07, 2006
Dude, you got a Dell? What are you, stupid? Only Apple Macs run both Mac OS X and Windows! – April 05, 2006
Dell laptop ads attempt to co-opt Apple’s Mac OS X – October 03, 2005
Fortune columnist doubts Apple CEO Jobs will let Michael Dell sell OS X anytime soon – June 23, 2005
Analyst: ‘If Dell really wanted to sell Mac OS X hardware, it could sue Apple’ – June 17, 2005
Michael Dell say’s he’d be happy to sell Apple’s Mac OS X if Steve Jobs decides to license – June 16, 2005
Why buy a Dell when Apple’s Intel-based computers will run both Mac OS X and Windowss – June 08, 2005