Apple has begun posting time lapse movies of crowds of people waiting to enter the exterior of Apple Store Fifth Avenue which began its grand opening celebration at 6pm EDT.
Apple Store Fifth Avenue will stay open 24/365. To celebrate their amazing new store, Apple is giving away a new MacBook every hour for 24 hours straight (a href=”http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/sweepstakes.html” target=”_blank”>official rules). And the first 2,500 customers receive a commemorative T-shirt.
The Apple Store, Fifth Avenue is located at 767 Fifth Avenue at 59th Street.
More info and the time lapse movies here: http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/
Apple has also posted a photo gallery of the store here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Video of Apple CEO Steve Jobs on NBC Nightly News – May 19, 2006
Apple fans crisscross world to attend Apple Retail Store grand opening celebrations – May 19, 2006
Video from Apple Store Fifth Avenue Grand Opening queue – May 19, 2006
JupiterResearch analyst: Apple Store Fifth Avenue ‘a stunning sight, puts a strong stamp on NYC’ – May 19, 2006
Steve Jobs at Apple Store Fifth Avenue (link to photos) – May 19, 2006
Attention pilgrims: Friday Apple Store Fifth Avenue photos wanted [UPDATED] – May 19, 2006
Apple’s Fifth Avenue Mecca could easily do $40 million in annual sales – May 19, 2006
As fans line up for Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue retail store, a third NYC store is in the works – May 19, 2006
Sneak peak into Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue Retail Store – May 18, 2006
Extraordinary Apple Store Fifth Avenue to open on Friday, May 19 (with photos) – May 18, 2006
Apple’s Fifth Avenue ‘Glass Cube’ store to test several retail innovations – May 17, 2006
Mac users to converge on NYC; plan overnight sidewalk camp for opening of Apple Store Fifth Avenue – May 13, 2006
Apple starts online countdown to Apple Store Fifth Avenue ‘Glass Cube’ Grand Opening – May 11, 2006
Apple CEO Steve Jobs may visit New York City to cut ribbon on glass cube – May 04, 2006
Apple’s Fifth Avenue ‘Glass Cube’ retail store grand opening on May 6 in New York City – April 27, 2006
32-foot-by-32-foot glass cube-topped Midtown Manhattan Apple ‘Mecca’ to serve the faithful 24/7? – April 18, 2006
Photos of Apple’s $9 million 32-foot-by-32-foot New York City Glass Cube – January 01, 2006
Steve Jobs to eventually take his NYC big glass cube with him – December 02, 2005
Glass cube assembly begins at site of Apple’s 25,000-square-foot 5th Avenue flagship store – October 28, 2005
RUMOR: Apple Store coming to Midtown Manhattan beneath transparent glass cube – March 04, 2005