“Have you seen the new Apple ads? Excellent. I had had a conversation yesterday with someone who pointed out that Apple has really become a lifestyle company. The new ad campaign clearly captures this with the depiction of the “Mac” vs. “PC.” There’s no doubt that here that Apple’s looking to capitalize on things like the Vista delay and the reinforcing the overall negative perception of the PC,” Michael Gartenberg blogs for Jupiter Research.
“Will it work? I suspect it already is, although I don’t have the data to prove that hypothesis,” Gartenberg writes. “I’ve already seen anecdotally friends who are computer literate who would have NEVER bought a Macintosh already plunk down cash for a new iMac or Mini with the advent of Boot Camp and things like Parallels Virtualization. I suspect this new clever (but not arrogant) marketing campaign is going to do well for them going forward.”
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple debuts ‘Get a Mac’ TV ads, new section of website replaces ‘Switch’ (link to watch ads online) – May 01, 2006