“Apple Computer Inc. CEO Steve Jobs said Thursday he had no interest in becoming an executive at The Walt Disney Co., which will soon complete its acquisition of Jobs’ other company, Pixar Animation Studios Inc.,” May Wong reports for The Associated Press. “In fact, Jobs told shareholders he plans to spend more time at Apple after he relinquishes his chief executive job at Pixar when the studio’s merger with Disney closes in two weeks. Disney’s upcoming, $7.4 billion purchase of Pixar will land Jobs a seat on the Disney board and make him the company’s largest shareholder.”
“A shareholder at the annual meeting at Apple’s headquarters asked Jobs if he had any interest in becoming the Michael Eisner of Disney, referring to the company’s former longtime CEO, and Jobs quipped he did not want to be Eisner,” Wong reports. “Taking a more serious tone, Job said of the merger: ‘It’s not because I want to be a senior manager at Disney. I don’t want to do that.’ Jobs added that he thought Iger ‘is the best person to run Disney.’ Jobs said he understood concerns that he would soon be spending more time at Disney, but ‘that couldn’t be further from the truth,” he said. “It’ll require less of my time than Pixar did.'”
“Also Thursday, Apple said a preliminary tally of votes showed that its shareholders re-elected the company’s seven board members and rejected a proposal by environmental advocates to study how Apple could improve its recycling program,” Wong reports.
More in the full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “LinuxGuy” for the heads up.]
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ ultimate goal: ‘to take back the computer business from Microsoft’ – June 16, 2005