“In recent months, Apple Computer’s stock has drooped ever lower. But have the shares fallen so low that the former can’t-miss tech stock is ripe again for the picking? Some investors believe so, and they’ve started putting their money where their mouths are, buying up the stock amid the selloff,” Troy Wolverton writes for TheStreet.com. “‘I’m sitting here aghast seeing this [stock] go down on a daily basis,’ says one longtime bull on the shares, who asked to remain nameless. Apple’s stock should rebound later this year amid improving financial results and a broader shift in investor sentiment, says the investor, whose fund is long Apple and has been buying shares in recent sessions. But even investors who agree with predictions of a second-half rebound aren’t sure that now’s the right time to get in.”
Full article with much more here.
MacDailyNews Note: Currently, AAPL stands at $61.20, up $2.49 or 4.24% on heavy volume of 56,346,025 shares.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Cramer: ‘I have never seen a systematic, multiweek bear raid like I have on Apple Computer’ – March 27, 2006