Apple Computer, Inc. has launched their “iTunes Music Store Billion Songs Coundown.”
Music lovers like you in 21 countries around the globe have purchased nearly one billion songs from the iTunes Music Store. And as we count down to this massive milestone in digital music history, we’d like to thank you for joining us.
We’ve got one billion reasons to celebrate, and we’re starting with you. As we mark our way to one billion, the music fans who download every 100,000th song will receive a prize package featuring a black 4GB iPod nano and a $100 iTunes Music Card (good for any media type).
And if you’re the lucky grand-prize winner who downloads the billionth song from the iTunes Music Store, you’ll receive a 20-inch iMac, 10 60GB iPods, and a $10,000 iTunes Music Card (good for any media type) to jumpstart your digital music collection. In addition, Apple will create a full-ride scholarship in your name to a world-renowned music school. Just think: You could help launch the careers of an entire generation of musicians.
The best digital jukebox and the #1 music download store, iTunes is the best way for Mac and PC users to legally discover, purchase, and download music. Visit the iTunes Music Store 24/7, purchase individual songs or entire albums, search and browse for new music, enjoy groundbreaking personal use rights, then sync everything to your iPod seamlessly.
Apple has a “Billion Songs Countdown” counter running on Apple.com which currently stands at 950,783,905.
More info and official rules here.
Wonder if the winner will also get a phone call from Steve Jobs?
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple launches iTunes Music Store Countdown to half a billion songs; win 10 iPods, 10,000 songs – July 05, 2005
Apple CEO Steve Jobs phones 100 millionth song winner at 12:45 am – July 12, 2004