Microsoft EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) has debuted their “Guess the Windows Vista Launch Date Contest.”
The official launch date of the new operating system Windows Vista has not yet been set. When will the final product be launched? Enter your guess now and win an exclusive invitation to the international Vista launch event in the USA!
Are you already a member of the Beta Experience campaign? Then you can get started right away. And if not, then this is the ideal opportunity to secure an information edge. As a member of the Beta Experience, you are one of the first to be informed of the new product features, long before the final version is released to the market. In addition to the beta versions to test and co-develop, you benefit from valuable resources and expert knowledge. And the newsletter gives you regular insider tips and exclusive bonus material – your absolute competitive edge!
All legal residents of Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, UK who are 18 years of age or older will have the chance to win.
• 1st Prize: Be live at the Launch Event in the USA
• 2nd–4th. Prize: New XBOX 360
• 5th–10th Prize: XBOX Core System
More info here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader “sketchtrain” for the heads up.]
Only Microsoft would have the cojones to hold a contest to guess the launch date of a product that’s slipped so much and so often (and shed so many of its originally-promised features) that it’s become an industry joke. Plus, doesn’t the first place prize violate Article 5 of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
• The New iPod with Video. The ultimate music & video experience on the go. From $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.00.
• The New iMac G5. Built-in camera and remote control. From $1299. Free shipping.
• Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using your dial-up service. $49.00.