Apple has posted a significant upgrade to Java for Mac OS X, now available for download through the Software Update system preference.
The Java 1.4.1 update adds the following enhancements :
– Improved Java applet support for Safari and other web browsers that support the Java Internet Plug-In.
– Up-to-date with the latest Java release from Sun, with hundreds of new features, including built-in support for XML-based web services, enhanced client functionality, and improved performance and reliability.
– Java applications take better advantage of Aqua and Quartz Extreme.
– Java applications now fully leverage the built-in Universal Access features of Mac OS X v10.2.
– Java applications can now be controlled through AppleScript, via the new UI Scripting technology http://www.apple.com/applescript/GUI/
For more details on this update, please visit: http://www.apple.com/java/