“The absolute color accuracy of the iPhone X is truly impressive,” Soneira reports. “It has an absolute color accuracy of 1.0 JNCD for the sRGB / Red.709 color gamut that is used for most current consumer content, and 0.9 JNCD for the wider DCI-P3 color gamut that is used for 4K UHD TVs and digital cinema. It is the most color accurate display that we have ever measured. It is visually indistinguishable from perfect, and is very likely considerably better than any mobile display, monitor, TV or UHD TV that you have.”
The iPhone X matches or sets new Smartphone display performance records for:
• Highest Absolute Color Accuracy for any display (0.9 JNCD) which is visually indistinguishable from perfect.
• Highest Full Screen Brightness for OLED Smartphones (634 nits).
• Highest Full Screen Contrast Rating in Ambient Light (141).
• Highest Contrast Ratio (Infinite).
• Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.5%).
• Smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle (22%).
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Apple’s iPhone X. Far more than just a notch above. 😉