• Shared Photo Streams: Accept invitations for Shared Photo Streams, browse photos and comments, and receive notifications of new content.
• AirPlay: Send audio content from Apple TV to AirPlay-enabled speakers and devices (including AirPort Express and other Apple TVs). Also includes the ability to require an onscreen code to use AirPlay with your Apple TV.
• iTunes account switching: Save multiple iTunes accounts and switch quickly between them.
• Trailers: Search movie trailers. In the United States, see show times for local theaters.
• Screen savers: New Cascade, Shrinking Tiles, and Sliding Panels screen savers.
• Main menu: Reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote.
• Subtitles: SDH support for the deaf and hard-of-hearing as well as improvements to viewing and selecting subtitles.
• Network configuration: Support for setting up advanced network options using configuration profiles. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5437 for more information.
• Stability and performance: Includes general performance and stability improvements.
To update your Apple TV to the current software version:
1. Select Settings > General > Update Software. Apple TV checks to see if an update is available and a download message should appear if an update is available.
2. Click Download and Install to start the download process (or Download Now on an Apple TV 1st generation with Apple TV software 1.x).
Important: Do not disconnect your Apple TV during the update process. The Apple TV status light may flash slowly during the update and restart process; this is expected behavior.