NeoOffice is a fully-featured set of office applications (including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing programs) for Mac OS X. Based on the OpenOffice.org office suite, NeoOffice has integrated dozens of native Mac features and can import, edit, and exchange files with other popular office programs such as Microsoft Office.
Released as free, open-source software under the GNU General Public License (GPL), NeoOffice is fully functional and stable enough for everyday use. The software is actively developed, so improvements and small updates are made available on a regular basis.
NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua Beta will soon be released. Starting 2 August 2006, the release will be available through the NeoOffice Early Access Program.
Minimum Machine Requirements for NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha 4:
• Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
• 384 MB of memory
• 400 MB of free disk space
Important Warnings for All NeoOffice Users: NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha 4 is a test release and may have some undiscovered bugs that may cause NeoOffice to crash.
NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha 4 is available for PowerPC- and Intel-powered Macs.
More information and download link here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader "MacMania" for the heads up.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews article:
Mac users should not buy Microsoft software (or hardware) – May 16, 2003