The Levi’s brand is launching a wearable technology revolution with the introduction of new Levi’s RedWire DLX Jeans, available worldwide in fall 2006. Designed for both men and women, the jeans seamlessly integrate iPod plug and play technology giving music enthusiasts the most innovative and fashionable way to enjoy music on the go. The jean is designed to be compatible with most iPod systems and features include a special joystick incorporated into the jeans’ watch pocket to enable easy operation of the iPod.
“The Levi’s RedWire DLX Jean is the latest extension of the Levi’s brand leadership position by merging fashion and technology that provides consumers with the most innovative way to enhance their portable, digital music lifestyle,” said Robert Hanson, Levi’s U.S. brand president in the press release. “In designing the jeans we considered both function and fashion — the result is a uniquely functional, yet stylish, great fitting jean.”
Design features include:
• Easy Pocket Storage — An iPod docking cradle is built into the jeans and is “invisibly” housed within a side pocket. The Levi’s design team took special care to ensure the iPod unit remains neatly and securely stored in the jean, while the iPod “bump” in the pocket is virtually eliminated. The cradle is equipped with sophisticated technology housed in a red conductive ribbon that allows users to quickly and easily remove their iPod from the pocket to view its screen while staying connected. The jean is machine washable once the iPod is removed.
• “Hip” Controls — A special joystick remote control is externally designed into the jeans’ watch pocket to enable operation of the iPod. Four-way controls allow the wearer to easily play/pause, track forward, track back and adjust the volume control without ever removing the iPod from the pocket.
• Handy Wire Retractor — A handy retractable headphone unit has been built directly into the jean to help prevent tangles and efficiently manage the iPod earphone wires.
The new Levi’s RedWire DLX jeans have been developed to be practical and leading-edge in their aesthetic. A crisp white leather patch and joystick, bluffed back pockets with hidden stitching, and clean minimalist buttons and rivets allude to the iPod’s famously pure design. Special care has been taken to marry the physical design with a great-fitting jean.
Invented in 1873 by Levi Strauss, Levi’s Jeans are the original jeans. For more information about the Levi’s brand, products and Levi’s stores, visit
(Note: No photos are available at this time.)
[Thanks to iPodcDailyNews reader "Aaron" for the heads up.]
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.