Back in May 2010, Tom’s Guide’s Devin Connors gave the world the following gift:
8 Reasons Why Apple Should Fear HP/Palm:
1. HP is Great with Acquisitions
2. The HP Brand Name
3. HP’s Money
4. WebOS: Beyond the Smartphone (there is no doubt that the OS will branch out to slate PCs and netbooks)
5. HP Means a Better App Catalog
6. An Immediate Connection to the Business World
7. Beating Apple in the Hardware Arena
8. HP, Palm and Content Delivery (with a company like HP pulling the strings behind the scenes, Palm could be positioned as the number one paid content provider in the smartphone world.)
Read more prescient genius in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: If this retrospective helps to constipate similar pieces in the future, so be it.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Dan K.” for the heads up.]
Hewlett-Packard’s abdication: What hath Apple wrought? – August 19, 2011
When HP loaded webOS onto Apple’s iPad, it ran over twice as fast as the TouchPad – August 19, 2011
More blood on Apple iPhone’s and iPad’s touchscreens: HP discontinues webOS phones, tablets – August 18, 2011