Other World Computing (OWC) announced today its OWC Turnkey Upgrade Installation Program for the Mid 2010 Apple iMac 27″ now offers iMac owners the option to upgrade the hard drive to a 3.0TB model — a 50% storage capacity increase over the 2.0TB factory option.
This new storage capacity option joins existing upgrade program choices:
• Adding up to three OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSDs for up to a total of 1.44TB capacity – up to 5.5X higher than the factory SSD option
• Adding the first offered eSATA port option for an iMac
• And/or adding up to 16GB RAM with savings up to 81% versus factory options.
The turnkey professional installation service program offers multiple configuration options starting at US$169 with a 48 business hours or less installation turnaround and includes complete shipping options along with OWC’s renowned warranty coverage.
OWC’s upgrade process:
1. Start by adding the only available eSATA port offered for the iMac for $169. OR, add an OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD up to 480GB in capacity from $319. The eSATA (External Serial ATA) port upgrade provides faster data backup and transfer rates up to 300MB/s…up to 3X faster than FireWire 800, the fastest factory stock interface.
2. Choose additional OWC Mercury Pro SSDs for up to three total SSDs and up to 5.5X higher capacity (1.44TB total vs 256GB) than the factory SSD option while retaining use of the internal optical drive. OWC SSDs offer read/write speeds in excess of 270MB/s, up to 40% faster than the factory and many other currently available SSDs.
3. Replace the stock HD with a High-Performance 2.0TB or 3.0TB hard drive while utilizing up to two OWC SSDs and/or eSATA port option.
4. Add OWC RAM up to 16GB with kits providing 8GB total RAM starting from $75. OWC memory kits for the iMac are Lifetime Warranted and offer savings up to 81% compared to same size factory available upgrade options.
When three OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSDs are user configured in RAID 0 array, the up to 770MB/s read/write speeds effectively turn an iMac into a true performance workstation that easily handles the most demanding data intensive needs. To view the complete OWC Turnkey Upgrade Installation Program for the Mid 2010 Apple iMac 27″ performance test benchmark results, visit here.
“As component innovations and market economies continue to evolve, we’ll continue to expand this program’s options to offer iMac users options for ever increasing capability behind the factory base,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing, in the press release.
The Turnkey Upgrade Installation Program for the Mid 2010 Apple iMac 27″ is available for immediate ordering here.
To view a video that highlights how the eSATA port and other upgrades for the 2010 iMac 27″ are installed and to learn more about OWC’s upgrade service options, visit here.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding the program, OWC has created an easy to follow FAQ list here.
Source: Other World Computing