Comcast Corporation today unveiled its new Xfinity TV app, which will enable Xfinity TV digital customers to watch TV shows and movies directly on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad either at home or on-the-go in the coming weeks.
The Xfinity TV app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and requires iOS 3.2 or later.
The Xfinity TV app is a TV guide and a mobile video player all in one. It enables customers to change TV channels from the iPad and helps them to search and instantly find what to watch among thousands of choices – including top movies and premium cable shows – on TV, On Demand, online or on the iPad.
Demonstrated today at the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco, the first version of the app will be available on the iTunes Store this week and is free to Comcast digital customers. With it, customers will be able to:
• Browse and discover video content from either TV listings or selections from the On Demand library in a rich user interface with colorful poster art and details.
• Use it as a TV guide so, in just a few finger taps, users can find what to watch by reviewing their TV listings and change the channel in real time.
• Program their DVRs to record TV shows, series and movies so they never miss their favorites.
• Sort content based on different filters like Networks and Genres such as Movies, Kids, Sports, or by HD content.
• Search by keyword or by title A-Z in TV listings or On Demand.
• Watch movies and TV shows directly on the iPad anytime, anywhere (coming in December).
• Personalize viewing with a “MyTV” feature to create a “Watchlist” of favorite TV shows and movies (coming soon).
• Seamlessly access social networking sites to share what they’re watching with others (coming soon).
“This Xfinity TV app is part of a much larger effort to reinvent the way consumers interact with their televisions by transforming the way they search, navigate, discover and share entertainment,” said Neil Smit, President of Comcast Cable, in the press release. “The remote control hasn’t changed in years and this app will enable millions of consumers to instantly search thousands of live TV and On Demand choices and also watch the best content whenever and wherever they want.”
Initially, Comcast will offer hit shows and blockbuster movies from the top premium networks on the app. In the coming weeks and months, the app will continue to expand its content and functionality through a series of regular development updates. It will include thousands of additional entertainment choices, added remote control features, and enhanced search across platforms.
More info and download link via Apple’s iTunes App Store here.
Source: Comcast Corporation