ChangeWave: Apple iPad hits 95% satisfaction rating

“ChangeWave surveyed 3,108 consumers during October on the latest planned buying trends for PCs, Netbooks and Tablets – including the impact of the Apple iPad,” Paul Carton reports for InvestorPlace.

“The percentage of respondents saying they plan on buying a desktop over the next 90 days (6%) has ticked up 1-pt since our previous survey in August, while planned purchases of laptops (8%) remain unchanged,” Carton reports. “But one area that’s come down drastically from a year ago is consumer interest in Netbooks. Just 14% of those who plan on buying a laptop in the next 90 days say it will be a Netbook – 10-pts below our peak reading for Netbooks back in June 2009.”

“The decline of Netbooks is attributable to a combination of factors including the end of the recession and the mounting penetration of Tablet computers – notably the Apple iPad. Moreover, in a close-up look at Tablet demand trends for the Holidays our ChangeWave survey finds continuing momentum for the iPad,” Carton reports. “Importantly, nearly three-quarters of current iPad owners (72%) say they’re Very Satisfied with their device and another 23% say they’re Somewhat Satisfied – world class satisfaction ratings for the Apple Tablet.”

“To measure consumer demand, we asked respondents how likely they are to buy a new Tablet – and we find an extraordinarily high one-in-four (26%) say they plan on purchasing a Tablet in the future (8% Very Likely; 18% Somewhat Likely),” Carton reports. “Not surprisingly, Apple is the biggest beneficiary here – with four-in-five likely Tablet buyers (80%) saying they’ll purchase an iPad.”

More info here.

MacDailyNews Take: Bloodbath.

43 Comments

  1. 95% approval rating. What are the other 5% smoking?

    How can 8% want a RIM Playbook when no one has even seen a working model let alone test driven one?

    I bet if the Microsoft Courier vaporware was on the list it would have been Courier 5%, Playbook 3%.

    Loves me sum vaporware, I do.

  2. 95% approval rating. What are the other 5% smoking?

    How can 8% want a RIM Playbook when no one has even seen a working model let alone test driven one?

    I bet if the Microsoft Courier vaporware was on the list it would have been Courier 5%, Playbook 3%.

    Loves me sum vaporware, I do.

  3. “The decline of Netbooks is attributable to a combination of factors including the end of the recession and the mounting penetration of Tablet computers.”

    Didn’t Steve say the new MacBook Air is the result of mounting penetration between an iPad and a MacBook?

    The iPad is such a playa.

  4. “The decline of Netbooks is attributable to a combination of factors including the end of the recession and the mounting penetration of Tablet computers.”

    Didn’t Steve say the new MacBook Air is the result of mounting penetration between an iPad and a MacBook?

    The iPad is such a playa.

  5. “How can 8% want a RIM Playbook when no one has even seen a working model let alone test driven one?”

    Those people are the luddites who are literally addicted to little minnie bitty keys on those funny black phones the biz guys carry around.

    Too much invested on the RIM to let go and drop into something more smooth & comfortable.

  6. “How can 8% want a RIM Playbook when no one has even seen a working model let alone test driven one?”

    Those people are the luddites who are literally addicted to little minnie bitty keys on those funny black phones the biz guys carry around.

    Too much invested on the RIM to let go and drop into something more smooth & comfortable.

  7. The other 5% are Apple haters.

    They will pick anything else than Apple. Even if it means less features and more money.

    I never understood it, but I figure one less idiot using a Mac is a good thing.

  8. The other 5% are Apple haters.

    They will pick anything else than Apple. Even if it means less features and more money.

    I never understood it, but I figure one less idiot using a Mac is a good thing.

Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.