Apple today released iMovie 1.1 for iPhone 4 and the new 4G iPod touch.
Users can make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fun, feature-rich video editing app designed for Multi-Touch. Create a video postcard of your day at the beach and publish it to the web — without ever leaving your spot in the sand. Or make a movie of your child’s birthday party and send it to your parents — while the party is in full swing. With iMovie, you can start several projects and finish them whenever you want and wherever you are.
Made for Multi-Touch.
• Tap to add or record video right into your project.
• Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
• Swipe to split video clips.
• Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
Give it a theme.
• Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
• Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
• Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
• Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add music and photos.
• Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
• Switch on the audio for video clips and iMovie automatically lowers the volume of background music.
• Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
• Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
Share your movie.
• Export your movie in one of three sizes: medium, large, or HD.
• Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe Gallery or on YouTube.
• Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message on iPhone 4.
• Easily sync your movie back to your computer.
What’s New In Version 1.1
• Compatible with iPod touch (4th generation).
• Ability to split video clips.
• Automatic music looping when video extends beyond music track.
• Scrub to preview clips in Video Browser.
• In-app Tips page that illustrates how to use key features.
• Updated Photos Browser with newest images at top.
• Mute badge to indicate video clips with audio disabled.
• Additional performance and reliability improvements.
More info and download link here.