Goldman’s take on iPad:
1. Consumption – iPad focused squarely on information consumption versus information production
2. Content – iPad relies on tight integration with content sources
3. Connected – Multiple options ensure the iPad is connected to the internet
4. Constant operation – iPad is an “instant on” device with all-day battery life
5. Commerce – Apple’s ecosystem ensures that users are always “ready to buy”
Goldman “reckons that tablet thingies like it will eventually cannibalise the market for (and makers of) netbooks and laptops,” Cotterill reports.
Full article here.